So, here we are introducing with the fundamentals of the kitchen. Everything to know about the acrylic finish for the Indian kitchen. The kitchen finishes determine the overall look of the kitchen. It should also withstand with some of the constant activity that takes place.
What exactly is acrylic?
Acrylic is a non-toxic, high gloss finish which gives kitchen cabinets a smooth appearance. In the process of manufacturing, a thin layer of the material is placed on the Plywood or MDF to create the shutters. The entire shutter is later covered with a protective layer and the edges are sealed. The overall material is reflective which gives kitchen a mirror-like experience. This mirrored appearance is an excellent choice for the smaller kitchens as it will make the kitchen look larger and more spacious than it is. The acrylic finish is available in wide range of colors.
Pros of Acrylic:
The acrylic finish is a great option to achieve the modern looks within a home. Becoming the more preferred choice for the Indian kitchens, the acrylic finish has some great advantages:
- It comes in a wide different variety of colors.
- Creates an inviting appearance within the kitchen
- Easy to maintain: Maintaining acrylic shutters is an easy process and can be wiped down regularly with the help of water and soap.
- Can even withstand with tear and wear: The kitchen can last for many years without any need for repair.
- Moisture, Scratch and UV resistant.
Cons of Acrylic:
The acrylic finishes also has some of its limitations:
- The high gloss finish brings out the finger dirt, prints, and stains easily. Therefore they require much more regular cleaning and maintenance
- It is more expensive than the laminate finish
- It is not available in the matt finish. Acrylic is limited to the high gloss options. Like if you prefer a more matt finish in the kitchen then this finish option is not suitable for you.
- Edge of the shutter is visible: the acrylic material is placed on the top of the shutter, as it does not continues to wrap around the edges.
Being the heart of the home, the kitchen appearance should be given the utmost care and importance. The Acrylic finish remains one of the pristine finish for many years and is one of the most favorite finish for the customer nowadays at PlanMyInterior.
You may also like to read: Gloss Vs. Matte Finishes In Your Kitchen